You have launched a new website for your business, and it looks great! But what now?
Although having a fast, beautiful, easy-to-navigate web design is important, it will not automatically drive quality customers to your business. The real driving force behind successful, high-traffic websites is SEO.
After a new website launch, investing in SEO can create long-term success for your business by attracting quality leads, helping you stay ahead of the competition, and ensuring you stay relevant online.
But what is SEO, and how can you make it work for your business? In this blog, we’ll discuss:
- What is SEO?
- SEO methods that agencies use
- Why ongoing SEO is important
- How a new website launch can affect SEO
- How partnering with SEO professionals can skyrocket your success
What is SEO?
SEO (or search engine optimization) – on a local and national scale – is the effort to drive quality traffic to your website by increasing your ranking on search engines like Google and Bing. This traffic is organic and free, driven to you by ranking in the top results for popular queries related to your business or product.
For example, if you are a chiropractor serving the Atlanta area, your SEO efforts would be towards ranking in one of the top search results when locals search for ‘chiropractors in Atlanta.’
To get these results, many businesses partner with an SEO agency. Marketing agencies have a team of SEO experts, website designers, content writers, and more to ensure your business stays ahead of competitors and attracts high-quality traffic. An SEO agency uses a wide variety of SEO methods, including all those listed below.
Top SEO Methods
- Content creation for website pages and blog, backed by in-depth keyword research
- Page speed optimization
- Responsive design across devices
- Branding to highlight the uniqueness of your business or product
- Link building from quality websites
- Schema markup
- Google Business Profile and local listing optimization
- Regular audits to ensure your website free of errors
- Writing engaging, optimized titles and meta descriptions
What Does It Mean to Have Ongoing SEO?
SEO is not a one-time effort; it is an ongoing process to keep your website relevant in the sea of similar content. Whether your SEO efforts are going towards writing new website content or connecting with other businesses for a link-building campaign, investing in regular SEO helps you fight the competition and attract relevant leads to your business or product.
Ongoing SEO includes:
- Freshening up content every 8-12 months and consistently adding new content.
- Monitoring your search results by viewing website traffic through Google Search Console or Google Analytics.
- Creating a blog and posting regularly to establish yourself as an industry expert and attract new website traffic.
- Staying involved on social media to show the community how your business is unique.
- Checking on the competition to see what changes they are making to their website or business model and how you rank compared to them.
- Submitting your business to new directories and linking to other businesses to increase your credibility for Google.
SEO is a long game. It’s difficult to see immediate results from adding new website pages, blogs, or posting on social media week by week. However, in the next six months, one year, and two years, all the SEO efforts you’re putting in today will create a major return for the success of your business.
How a New Website Affects SEO
Whether you have a brand new website hitting Google or a new website design that needs to be indexed, working with a professional SEO agency will make the process infinitely smoother and faster for you. Taking all the steps below will help your new website be indexed faster and prevent errors from affecting your ranking:
- Ensure your new website content is keyword optimized.
- Migrate any high-ranking content and optimized website elements.
- Make sure you have a website backup in place in case anything goes wrong.
- Submit your new website sitemap on Google Search Console so that it can be indexed more quickly.
- Set up any URL redirects to avoid creating 404 pages.
- Run a website audit after launch to catch any errors.
It’s important to understand that when all those website changes hit Google, you might see a dip in rankings, and it may take longer than you hoped to see positive results. Be patient with the process! If you’ve done your best to create a streamlined website with great content and ensured it’s on the path to being indexed, then you will see positive progress.
Why Working with an SEO Agency Is Important
Search engine algorithms are constantly changing, seasonal traffic has highs and lows, and correctly reporting your website to Google Search Console and Analytics is vital. These are a few of the reasons why working with a professional SEO agency is important.
Yes, there are tutorials on handling these issues, and you’ll eventually figure them out for yourself – but how much website traffic will you lose in that time? Unless you do website design or marketing for a living, website migration and SEO may not be second nature to you. Working with SEO professionals ensures that your website design and SEO efforts are maximized to create the most success for your business. When errors arise, or you don’t understand traffic losses, an SEO agency will also walk you through the process and provide solutions.
With a marketing agency handling your website and SEO, you can focus on providing your customers with the best service and products.
Let Such n Such Media Redesign Your Website and Boost SEO
Website design and SEO optimization require a broad range of skills to be done well and provide the best results. But partnering with an SEO agency like Such n Such Media takes all the guesswork out of it for you! Our incredible team provides custom website design, local SEO, content creation, social media management, and more to craft your company’s online presence.